A New Year, “Out with the old and In with the new!”
Wishing you a wonderful new start in so many ways!
I’m thinking of something ‘smart’ to say, when I look at this painting, I really would like to convey 2 things:
1. A Sun doesn’t have to be ’round’ :)
2. Creating this, at the time I didn’t think I was very successful
This happens a lot. Weird stuff. You can find other blogposts where I’m saying the same thing. “Didn’t think much of it.”
Then later, looking at it again, I love it.
3. So to conclude, perhaps it will work for you in the same way:
- Don’t ‘fix’ it
- Put it away, look at t again after a few weeks
- Often a day after, a few days after you don’t see it yet
Maybe this is also one of the benefits of outdoor painting: when it’s dark you can’t continue.
You have to stop.
My 50 cents!
SSU25-2019 Seascape Plein air Painting
‘Sunset Kiting is the Best’
Kiting at sunset: no better time, more importantly😄no better view:
It’s great to combine a foreground ‘thing’ with a sunset/beach.
If you’re thinking of painting this subject/topic too: “Just go for it”. It will be daunting, but you’ll have to just give it multiple go-s.
Make it into a project. You will get better at it by doing. A sunset, a sunrise, it’s difficult, but it shouldn’t stop you.
With every ‘go’ you will learn so much that you can use the next time you paint it.
It’s accumulating experience every painter needs!
- Sunset Kite Time – sold
- Evening Sky Seascape – Zeegezicht (sold)
- Seascape Sunset at the Beach